GEBA Wealth Management, Administrative Assistant
Reports to the GEBA VP of Wealth Management (WM) & COO and WM Operations Manager; select duties reporting to Director of Member Services & Operations
We are seeking are a service-motivated candidate, with excellent administrative skills, to join our team of 18 staff dedicated to serving those who serve, i.e., federal employees, retirees, the military and/or their families. If you are passionate, customer-focused and have experience in financial services, insurance, benefits, and/or non-profit arena, you are likely a great fit for our Hanover, MD team!
GEBA is a non-profit membership organization founded in 1957 by National Security Agency employees to offer group insurance plan access to Agency employees. Since then, GEBA has expanded its services.
This job will primarily provide quality and skilled administrative support to the GEBA Wealth Management department, to service our members through financial planning. This role will provide support to the Chief Operating Officer & VP of Wealth Management for select projects as well as the Director of Member Services & Operations. This position requires member interaction, the ability to juggle duties, and a high level of accuracy in processing financial paperwork in a regulatory environment.
- Support Wealth Management Department (75%):
- Assist as needed in the completion, submission, and tracking of forms, monitoring investment transfers, and taking proactive steps to raise or correct issues.
- Data entry within our confidential member/client/customer database and related transactions
- Provide excellent customer service to members in person and through email and phone calls
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail including checks (requiring a log), new account forms, withdrawal forms, address/beneficiary changes, death claim packets, applications, etc.
- Mail and monitor receipt of contracts
- Provide receipts and welcome emails with on-line instructions to members
- Set Appointments and update calendars for the Wealth Management Team as needed
- Perform directed prep work for Financial Advisors before and after meetings including but not limited to address changes, beneficiary changes, asset summaries and gathering forms.
- Other tasks as required
- Assist Member Programs & Benefits Department (25%):
- Manage general GEBA customer service inbound email mailbox and distribute to appropriate GEBA staff
- Process member changes and other data entry in our proprietary data base
- Assist with member calls and process new applications
- Support in-house large volume mailings (folding, stuffing and postage)
- Other project-specific administrative tasks as needed.
Generally, support the vision, mission, and goals of GEBA organization, including identifying opportunities to improve processes and/or the member/customer experience.
- High School Diploma Required. Associates degree or some professional certification preferred.
- 3+ years of professional administrative experience, preferably in an organization or role within some financial or insurance organization or department and/or an association
- Customer service motivated
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; comfortable learning new software
- Ability to work with confidential information and/or issues requiring discretion
- Ability to successfully pass a background check
Travel: None (local may be required on occasion)
Compensation: This is a full-time, non-exempt/hourly in-office position at the $18-$21/hour rate depending on experience
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 13 Paid Holidays
- 5% 401K Match
- Generous paid time off program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free parking and easily accessible Hanover, MD office
- Excellent training and potential for advancement
- A collegial, relaxed, professional work environment with excellent work-life balance. (Note: remote work is not an option)
How To Apply:
For candidates who meet the job requirements above, please submit your resume that speaks to the position description, along with a brief cover letter to: email@example.com using the subject line “Administrative Assistant Position”.
Only resumes meeting the requirements listed will be considered and no calls please.
Choose GEBA – Securing Feds’ Financial Future Since 1957
GEBA is a nonprofit employee benefit association created by NSA employees in 1957. Our goal is to offer high quality insurance products at great prices that has our members’ best interests in mind. GEBA has been serving federal employees for over 60 years, and you can count on us to be there for you and your family.
GEBA membership is available to ALL civilian federal employees and retirees, including the military. Membership in GEBA is free and continues as long as you maintain a plan with GEBA.